Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
I'm no longer undecided on ZT. The guy has got to go.
I think if the team had an actual NFL caliber and proven offensive coordinator who also called the plays a lot of people would be shocked by the huge jump the offense would take. A lot of the struggles do map back to Taylor's bird brained play calling and defective schemes and packages.

Only ZT would just leave the wide open middle of the field unattached. Only ZT has nothing in the playbook to burn aggressive pass rushing, is utterly incompetent at screens and has a wide zone run scheme but constantly calls runs out of a different scheme. Also he is probably the only play caller in the NFL dumb enough to use empty backfields when blitzes are obviously on the menu.

Then there is the constant total lack of playing to our strengths and/or actually attacking the opposing defenses weaknesses. That was literally why we lost the Chicago game and it was key here too. Good offensive coaches study the opposing defense and adjust their scheme to attack weaknesses.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm no longer undecided on ZT. The guy has got to go. - Joelist - 12-12-2021, 11:59 PM