Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you help the Bengals build a new stadium?
(12-13-2021, 04:58 PM)Joelist Wrote: Remember the PBS lease is up in 2026 and so far nothing on a renewal. If the Bengals came out and said they need a new stadium to remain what would your response be?

I would absolutely be in.  I think it is a huge thing for the area, and I would hope the next stadium would be like Lucas Oil stadium.  A dome with a retractable end.  Could host tons more events.

I know I will get hammered for that and will be showered with "I am not paying them a dime".  That is fine, and I am sure it will be the majority of the opinions.  My house is in Washington Township.  I have very high property taxes, and while I don't relish paying that much every month for my property taxes, I choose to live here and enjoy the fact that we have great schools and amazing parks.  I take a lot of pride in my community for that.  I volunteer a lot of my free time to serve in this community because I want it to be a great place for families, specifically kids.  

What does this have to do with a stadium?  I don't know the exact amount that the taxpayers would fork over on a yearly basis should there be a hypothetical 20 year, 2 billion dollar stadium tax.  No clue, but it wouldn't be that much per person.  I forget how much it was for the old stadium.  

There are so many businesses thriving downtown at the "banks" now and a new stadium could only help serve them.  

I also don't believe the Brown family wants to move the team and take a huge payout from a city like San Antonio.  They aren't about money the way a Jerry Jones would be.  They are more about family and community.  However, just because the team is worth a lot now, I don't see them forking over tons of money for the stadium themselves.  It should be a shared equation and the city will need to pay for a lot of it.  

Just my two cents.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you help the Bengals build a new stadium? - SHRacerX - 12-14-2021, 09:02 AM