Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Defense Against Denver: One Thing Was Missing
(12-19-2021, 11:27 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The defensive line generated sacks and they successfully stuffed the run.

The linebackers were flying all over the place making plays.

The secondary covered the routes well and batted balls away all night.

Khalid Kareem even forced a fumble and recovered it.  

Now where are the interceptions?  Now I know Trae Waynes doesn’t remember what it feels like to catch a football but the rest of those guys have no excuse.  There were lots of passes headed straight for Cincinnati cornerbacks and safeties and they missed all of them.  Can we get one pick?

Mike Hilton damn near had one on what was like a blind reception.  He took a peek at the QB at the last minute and dove as the ball was rifled by him.  There were a few others that were close.  I don't think Waynes was going for any INTs, as he was playing pretty soft and just trying to rally and tackle.  Chido would have had Teddy on a few of those.  

I think Bates is getting closer and closer.  Hope he peaks at the right time.  I think it is more about him having his confidence and he will start getting picks in bunches.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Defense Against Denver: One Thing Was Missing - SHRacerX - 12-20-2021, 08:11 AM