Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon/Speed on Offense
(12-20-2021, 11:28 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: No denying that Joe Mixon is a good running back. He has shown that. You also can't deny his energy and what he brings to this team.

That being said, I think Joe is beat up. He has looked slow the past few weeks, really since he took that hit/got injured in the Chargers? game. Am I the only one seeing this? It just looks like he's missing a burst.

With that being said, I think there is an element that this offense is missing - and it's speed. Tee and Tyler are great, and Jamar has proven himself as a downfield guy, but I really think this offense could benefit from a true burner out of the backfield.

We do have Chris Evans, but I'm not sure he has that speed. He ran a 4.56 at the combine - not super great. I hope we invest in a true running back this off-season to take some of the load off of Joe and to open up some plays to take advantage of speed out of the backfield.

Definitely need to give Evans and Perine some more snaps and rest Mixon up a bit for the Playoffs.

Agree on adding a speedy back in the Draft as well Weezy. Exciting as we haven't been looking at RB's much the last 
few Drafts. Always look forward to looking at RB's come Draft time. My favorite position to assess.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Joe Mixon/Speed on Offense - WeezyBengal - 12-20-2021, 11:28 AM
RE: Joe Mixon/Speed on Offense - CJD - 12-20-2021, 11:44 AM
RE: Joe Mixon/Speed on Offense - CJD - 12-20-2021, 12:12 PM
RE: Joe Mixon/Speed on Offense - Sled21 - 12-20-2021, 03:53 PM
RE: Joe Mixon/Speed on Offense - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-20-2021, 04:42 PM
RE: Joe Mixon/Speed on Offense - ezekiel23 - 12-20-2021, 05:13 PM