Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals in middle of AFC insanity
(12-26-2021, 12:01 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: While I would rest the players, I feel like Cincy would play Cle to:
A. Remove them from the playoffs (if not already eliminated)
B. MB personal grudge
C. Higher playoff seating.

I could understand the justification of playoff seating but I don't think its necessary, especially since we do better (for the most part) on the road this season.

I would hope we would not risk the health of our players on the eve of our first playoff game in six years just so Mike could try to settle a nearly 60-year-old grudge.  That team doesn't exist anymore, and the architect of Paul's humiliation long lies moldering in the grave.  But who knows what goes through Mike's noggin.  

No matter who we draw in the first round, be it the Colts or Chargers, it won't be an easy out.  And, we're not getting the bye anyway, so seeding means very little to my way of thinking.  And, the teams above us could simply win and keep us in the #4 spot anyway.

No, the only valid reason might be to ensure that the Browns do not get a WC berth.  And, maybe that's just superstition on my part.  We held the door open for the Jets in 2009 and look what that got us.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals in middle of AFC insanity - Awful Llama - 12-26-2021, 12:25 AM