Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ja'Marr Chase, the Slot position and Running after the catch
(12-26-2021, 11:28 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Am I crazy, or did Chase show some of his best moves today just by taking an easy catch out of a slot slant or drag route, and then juking the Ravens players out of their shoes for an additional 10 to 20 yards?

Is this a new thing that they are just now realizing he can do? Is this play not available against NFL secondaries? Or is Chase just exiting a slump and is about to do this every game?

Can someone who watches tape and analyzes this stuff clue me in? :)

I had been talking about this for weeks.  Using your best weapon on checkdowns.  Mahommes and Brady had done it a ton.  I argued that on 3rd and medium, instead of using Chase to take the top off the defense, he should be there for a checkdown if the down field throws don't have time to materialize.  

Well, kudos to ZT and Callahan, as they made that adjustment this week.  It was a thing of beauty watching Chase in space.  

One play, he dumped it perfectly to Chase, who immediately accellerated by his man (untouched), made the next guy miss because he underestimated his ability to slide back against the direction of the end zone (whiff), made another tackler miss up the sideline (whiff) and then completed the trifecta by jumping over a guy as he went out of bounds (strike three, you're out!).  It was hilarious and beautiful.

Chase is such a weapon all over the field.  And I LOVED that they took deep shots with Higgins, Boyd, and even Mixon!

Not being predictable on the deep routes opened up the deep ball!  Defenses will have to account for every weapon over every inch of the field.  

FWIW, I know this will sound really greedy, but Mixon and Uzo both had about another 30 yards receiving as they JUST narrowly were ankle tackled several times each and there was a lot of green ahead of them.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ja'Marr Chase, the Slot position and Running after the catch - SHRacerX - 12-27-2021, 08:27 AM