Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson/Chad, Dalton/Green or Burrow/Chase
(01-03-2022, 04:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Got to be careful comparing raw numbers from different eras.

Chase is on pace to break Chad's single season yardage record, but he is only 4th in the league. Chad, on the other hand, led the entire league in receiving yards in '06 and was top 3 for three straight years.

Burrow is currently 2nd in passer rating, 6th in tds, and 5th in yards. In '05 Palmer was also 2nd in passer rating, but led the league in tds and was 4th in yards.

Dalton and Green were damn good, but I don't think they are even in this conversation.

Burrow and Chase are still really young with room to improve, but right now I would go with Carson and Chad.

You’re comparing Chase’s rookie season (age 21) to Chad’s 6th year in the league though. Chad was 28 by 2006. Chase also has 13 TD’s through 16 games. Chad never had more than 10 in any given season.

And the fact that Burrow is even that high in total yards is impressive when you look at his # of attempts compared to the other top QB’s. He has 162 less than Brady, 94 less than Mahomes, 88 less than Herbert, etc. The only top guy with less than Burrow is Rodgers. And he’s about to win back-to-back MVP’s. And he also missed a game. But Joe’s yards would have been higher had Taylor literally not had the training wheels on him at the beginning of the season (understandably so).

Anyway, give me them LSU boys.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carson/Chad, Dalton/Green or Burrow/Chase - Nicomo Cosca - 01-03-2022, 06:04 PM