Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Can We Make A Run With This O-Line
(01-04-2022, 12:53 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Why no rankings for Spain & Jonah? I am curious to see where they grade out. How about Fred Johnson? 

Hopkins was terrible early on the gimpy knee.  He has been better lately. The fact that he is almost 8nto the top 32 is amazing. He is avout Reiff level for Cs. Adequate but not a long term solution.  

This is Jonah's first full season. I think he'll continue to improve.  But he is never gonna be a Munoz/Pace/Thomas type if OT. 

Look, I am not saying OL should not be a priority.  It should be THE priority. Along with retaining some of our own guys. 3 starters on each side a FAs (Spain, CJ, Reiff; Bates, Apple, Ogunjobi), plus BJ Hill & Tupou. 

But I fear that the organization, with some justification, may not go after Tier 1 FAs. There are not that many (Brown, Schreff, +???) and thise guys may get tagged.  Sometimes interior OL guys can be had for cheap. The Browns got Teller (and a 7th) for a 5th round pick and a 6th.  He is in the Pro-Bowl. 

Spain 19th, Jonah 21st. As I said, good, but again that doesn't make an average OL. 

Fred Johnson hasn't played enough to qualify for a ranking. Same reason I didn't mention D'Ante Smith, Xavier Su'a-Filo, or Trey Hill.

No, it really is not. He is 34th out of 38. There is nothing amazing about that, nor adequate. 

Teller is more like a Brady situation. It happened but that does not mean it's common, and it certainly shouldn't be considered an actual strategy to expect happen again anytime soon.

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can We Make A Run With This O-Line - TheLeonardLeap - 01-04-2022, 02:38 PM