Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
An unconventional off-season strategy we should employ
(01-08-2022, 10:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't follow this logic.

Only way we can afford to pay big contracts to Burrow, Chase, and Tee and others is if we are getting decent production form guys still on their rookie deals.  2022 draft picks will be on their rookie deals '22-'25.  So it seems to me that if we are looking to give out some big contracts in a few years that makes the '22 draft picks MORE valuable.  If we take on a bunch of big veteran contracts next season we won't even have the cap space available to give big contracts to guys like Burrow, Chase, and Tee.

I was thinking the same thing.

Don't get me wrong I like the players we have at most positions but you cant sign everyone to lucrative contracts even if they deserve it. I guy like Ogunjobi may want more money than we can actually afford. I love everything about him from is attitude, effort, he is a team player and the quality of person he is but that may be a position we may have to take a chance in drafting a replacement if he cannot be signed for what we need to sign him for.

The Bengals need to target positions like CB, S and DL as areas that we may not resign who we have because we cannot afford everyone.
We may be better to draft those positions to save money.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: An unconventional off-season strategy we should employ - SuperBowlBound! - 01-08-2022, 11:34 AM