Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Top 10 highest graded Bengals for the season
(01-11-2022, 06:34 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: The unfortunate thing, I think, about a process like PFF's is that it is the most valuable for statistics-deprived position groups like offensive line but also [arguably] the least reliable for assessing those same groups. Deciding who won and who lost in OL-DL matchups without a nuanced understanding of the little things being coached on both sides and how a coherent group scheme emerges holistically from the individual matchups -- it tends to result in haywire grades.

Nonetheless, they make an admirable effort. It's certainly better than deciding who the best OL in the league are with the more common criteria:

1) Have I heard this player's name before?
2) Did the running back in this offense gain 1,000 yards?
3) Is their girlfriend hot?

I don't know if it really matters necessarily what the player was assigned to do on a given play.
If that player does what they were expected to do but still got beat or there was a bad result, that's still a bad snap in my eyes.

Too bad PFF doesn't rate play callers lol.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top 10 highest graded Bengals for the season - Nepanyrush - 01-11-2022, 04:41 PM
RE: Top 10 highest graded Bengals for the season - ochocincos - 01-11-2022, 06:53 PM