Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Top 10 highest graded Bengals for the season
(01-11-2022, 06:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think Fred makes some valid points though.
PFF needs to be a little more transparent in how they rate players.
Until they do (and especially not requiring their top-paid package to get that transparency), fewer people will trust their ratings.

While i'm not trying to make a case for PFF grades being wonderful, i'm fairly certain they state somewhere on their site how they grade players.  It's something like each play starts at 0.0 and can go as high as 2.0 or as low a -2.0...been a long time since I've looked at it...i forget what they do with the points after that. 

The problem I have with PFF scoring is they'll hire any basballguy, fredtoast, Truck, or whoever to do the scoring...to them it's simple entry level contract work.  It's not professionally trained sports analysts.  They give you light training and let you do the grunt work for them.  It ends up all being purely subjective to the person doing the grading.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top 10 highest graded Bengals for the season - Nepanyrush - 01-11-2022, 04:41 PM
RE: Top 10 highest graded Bengals for the season - basballguy - 01-11-2022, 10:41 PM