Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Top 10 highest graded Bengals for the season
(01-12-2022, 11:00 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: IMO you need to take into account both traditional stats and PFF grades. Stats tell us everything we already know. PFF ratings tell us things that we don't pick up on during games. Run blocking, drops, mistakes, etc. 

Take both into account to make your decision. 

Is PFF weighted, though? Because I can damn sure tell you what Chase did receiving against the Chiefs should be weighted higher than some poor run blocking grade or a dropped pass during the game. This is where I get confused. 

I don't disagree at all. You can definitely frame an argument about a player's talent or worth to a team based on both traditional stats and PFF grades. You can isolate both ways of examining a player or develop an argument using both tools. I think it needs to be a well-crafted take, when using both, because it seems, at least from my perspective anecdotally reading discussions on this forum, that traditional stats and PFF grades might suggest different opinions about a player's worth during a game. Of course, maybe I've just not taken the time to better understand how PFF works.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top 10 highest graded Bengals for the season - Nepanyrush - 01-11-2022, 04:41 PM
RE: Top 10 highest graded Bengals for the season - TecmoBengals - 01-12-2022, 11:07 AM