Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Top 10 highest graded Bengals for the season
(01-12-2022, 10:54 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yeah, but how do those drops compare to their targets? I feel like all those guys were probably targets a lot more than Chase which makes his drop % higher. 

Chase was 9th in the league in drop percentage with a 8.6% (highest among WRs), while Deebo Samuel was 11th with a 8.3% drop rate. (Corey Davis was 8.5% in between). The highest drop percentage was Alvin Kamara (RB) with a 13.4%. The first 8 highest in drop percentage were all RBs and one TE (Austin Hooper).

Travis Kelce was at 7.5%.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/receiving_advanced.htm

Some other points to consider, however. Chase was third highest in yards after catch, 3rd highest in touchdowns, and 4th highest in yards. I think we can live with these drops in his first year, given his extraordinary production, given that there is "not a huge gap" (my original point) in the drops from some of the elite receivers. We are spoiled a little by having Tyler Boyd on the team, since he had zero drops (save on a two-point conversion).
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top 10 highest graded Bengals for the season - Nepanyrush - 01-11-2022, 04:41 PM
RE: Top 10 highest graded Bengals for the season - Nepa - 01-12-2022, 11:09 AM