Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Top 10 highest graded Bengals for the season
(01-11-2022, 10:41 PM)basballguy Wrote: While i'm not trying to make a case for PFF grades being wonderful, i'm fairly certain they state somewhere on their site how they grade players.  It's something like each play starts at 0.0 and can go as high as 2.0 or as low a -2.0...been a long time since I've looked at it...i forget what they do with the points after that. 

The problem I have with PFF scoring is they'll hire any basballguy, fredtoast, Truck, or whoever to do the scoring...to them it's simple entry level contract work.  It's not professionally trained sports analysts.  They give you light training and let you do the grunt work for them.  It ends up all being purely subjective to the person doing the grading.  

They've changed somewhat over the years. I think they have more people that were actually in the game in some capacity now. As for each game, every one is viewed by at least 2 people before grades are finalized. If there's a discrepancy between those 2, a 3rd set of eyes looks at it and they come to a dertermination. 

I think it's progressively getting better but it still should only be viewed as one tool to look at to compare how guys at the same position group do their job, against their peers. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top 10 highest graded Bengals for the season - Nepanyrush - 01-11-2022, 04:41 PM
RE: Top 10 highest graded Bengals for the season - rfaulk34 - 01-12-2022, 11:55 AM