Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Top 10 highest graded Bengals for the season
(01-12-2022, 12:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'd say it's more misunderstood than made up. They have several different grades for each player, but those grades are not averaged to give the player an overall grade. 

The overall grade has it's own formula and just muddies the water a bit more. For example; If WR #1 ran 80 true pass snaps and blocked on 20 snaps and WR #2 ran 30 true pass snaps and blocked on 70 snaps, averaging out their scores would be unfair to both of them, for different reasons. 

If it's sketchy for a particular Bengals player or two, it's sketchy for everyone in the league. That's the way i look at it, they're all in the same boat and it's all subjectively viewed anyway so i don't really get why there's such a stink about it. 

I'm in too many threads right now to keep it all straight in my brain, but I followed up in this one or a different conversation that perhaps the issue is I need to better understand PFF. So I agree. 

I'm also too simple with my thinking, I suppose. I like the stats on the back of football cards more than PFF grades. It doesn't matter what I think about this, but I'm acknowledging the bias since I've briefly been partaking in this conversation.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top 10 highest graded Bengals for the season - Nepanyrush - 01-11-2022, 04:41 PM
RE: Top 10 highest graded Bengals for the season - TecmoBengals - 01-12-2022, 12:10 PM