Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A NEW Fan Base Arrives Saturday
(01-13-2022, 10:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is a bit optimistic of me, but when Chad said he made it cool to be a Bengals fan, he was right.  They got lots of young fans from his play and that team's high-powered offenses.

Burrow and the boys are taking that to a much higher level and have the chance to grow the fan base on a national, hell...global level.  No one was a Pats fan outside of a few drunk Bostonians a few decades ago now they have a massive following.  Not saying the Bengals are the next Pats (although CJ would correct me and say "why not"), but you get what I am saying. 

I think your reflection about Chad is right & I think Chad was right. When the Marvin Lewis coaching era was rolling with Palmer and guys like Chad I was still living in the Cincinnati area. I remember thinking how cool it was to see more people out and about at places like Kenwood or Tri-County Mall, the local Kroger, or at a Skyline wearing Chad Johnson jerseys. You just didn't see people outwardly wearing the gear as much throughout the '90s unless you were at a game (mind you, a game that likely didn't come close to selling out). People were excited that Marvin brought the Bengals back to a good place and Chad was part of that for making it cool to cheer for the Bengals.

What's sweet about your view, Burrow and the boys (Chase for sure) taking it next level, is I don't see anything from the press conferences that suggest Burrow and Chase even think about it like this. They are just young guys who enjoy football, understand they must work hard, they respect the professionalism of being a pro player, and they have that vibe about them that most of us here are feeling.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A NEW Fan Base Arrives Saturday - M.W. - 01-13-2022, 01:19 PM
RE: A NEW Fan Base Arrives Saturday - TecmoBengals - 01-13-2022, 10:18 AM
RE: A NEW Fan Base Arrives Saturday - Tony - 01-13-2022, 04:32 PM
RE: A NEW Fan Base Arrives Saturday - Tony - 01-13-2022, 04:50 PM
RE: A NEW Fan Base Arrives Saturday - M.W. - 01-13-2022, 05:09 PM
RE: A NEW Fan Base Arrives Saturday - M.W. - 01-13-2022, 05:06 PM