Poll: Whose Legacy is Impacted Most by a Playoff Run?
Chad Johnson
Carson Palmer
TJ Houshmandzadeh
Andy Dalton
Atkins/Dunlap
Marvin Lewis
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who Could've Used a Playoff Win the Most?
(01-21-2022, 03:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was watching Chad Johnson: A Football Life (again), and it got me thinking. Marvin Lewis was 0-7 in the playoffs with 2 separate cores of players. Maybe 3. This might be a controversial statement to some Marvin fans on here, but I think it's safe based on facts to say that Marv was the primary reason we went 0-7.

- He had 4 different QB's in the playoffs, and none had a rating better than 68
- Allowed 67.9% comp rate and 102.4 passer rating
- We had 91 rush yards or less in 4 of the 7 games
- Allowed a whopping 146.3 rush yards per game (also 4.7 ypc and 9 rush TDs)
- Only 9 sacks and 2 INT in 7 games
- We averaged 12.9 points and allowed 25.1 points

You can see from the above stats that it was team-wide failure.

So if Marv was the main reason we were losing playoff games, then you could say the players he coached were held back from greater things. So say we had a different coach back then. A more aggressive guy like Zac who didn't turtle up in the bright lights.

How much differently would we view some of our star players and their legacies if they'd won a playoff game or two?

I don't really know how aggressive Zac Taylor is. I mean he went all in at the end against the Chiefs and it did work out. But has gone very conservative a lot of times this season.

Marvin went a lot of years and didn't win a playoff game so he deserves some blame but I really think a lot of that was Andy Dalton. Dude just doesn't play good in primetime for whatever reason and thats unfortunately when the playoffs are played a lot of times. If you look at Palmers games he got his knee tore up and we probably win that game. Then against the Jets our passing attack wasn't that good but Ced Benson was a man on a mission and we would've had a very good chance to win at the end if Shayne Graham doesn't miss a 20 and 30 yard field goal.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who Could've Used a Playoff Win the Most? - NUGDUKWE - 01-21-2022, 07:11 PM