Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to protect Joe Burrow, and win this game.
(01-24-2022, 12:37 PM)higgy100 Wrote: 1.They're doing the best they can as players. 3 undrafted OL starting ain't suppose to win you any regular season games let alone a playoff game. This is on the coaching staff.

2. Agree. Love the quick hitters to the WR's. Even a play that looks dead nets you 4-5 yards many times and if the DB misses (see the Titans DB against Chase) it can go for big yards. Need to roll JB out more and get him on the edge with defenders chasing him instead of a sitting target.

3.We have no idea if the route is even there for him to get rid of it faster. He has to wait until plays develop. At the expense of throwing a pick, I'll take the sack. Read so many posts from people (not you) that have no idea what Intentional Grounding is as they just said for JB to get rid of the ball. Can't do that between the hash marks. Problem on saturday was the Titans brought pressure from both their DE's and the interior of the OL. That is a terrible mix. I can live with constant pressure from one or the other as JB can then either step up more and/or get outside the pocket more to buy time or get rid of the ball to live another down.

Williams at LT was drafted in the 1s
Spain at LG was undrafted and is the highest graded OL
Hopkins at C was undrafted but the best OL we had last year and has been solid every year but this year
Adeniji at RG was drafted in the 6th
Prince at RT was drafted in the 6th

First, there are only 2 players on the OL that went undrafted. And I don't think the undrafted status has anything to do with our OL problems. Both players have been the best OL in the entire unit at different times.  Our draft picks have been the issue. We keep drafting players that don't see the field or play sub-par. It takes some time to get up to NFL strength and learn the technique... so let's hope next year we see some improvement.

And you most certainly can throw the ball away in-between the tackles (hash marks are not the boundary for the penalty). It just requires that there is a receiver in the area. Most QBs throw it high overhead... but on screen passes you see them throw directly down onto the ground. It is intentional and they are throwing it away, no penalty.

Also, the last time we played the Chiefs they walked away with 4 sacks: Chris Jones 2, Jarren Reed and Frank Clark had 1. They also had 10 QB hits: Chris Jones 3, Jarren Reed/ Melvin Ingram 2, Frank Clark/Mike Danna/ Alex Okafor had 1.

Chris Jones is a DT. Just like we saw with the Titans, the IOL struggles with pressure up the middle. Titan's DT Jeffery Simmons lead his team with 3 hits and 3 sacks. It seems that DT pressure is even more of a problem than the rush from DEs. After watching the Titans embarrass our OL, I expect the Chiefs to do more DL twists to try to get pressure. It really seemed to work.

We got a week of practice... Pollack needs to really coach up our IOL and get these guys on the same page.

I hope we do not face the Rams and Aaron Donald in the Superbowl. It would be a nightmare.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to protect Joe Burrow, and win this game. - PAjwPhilly - 01-24-2022, 03:19 PM