Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis blasts 'phantom call' at end of game
(11-24-2015, 12:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: I disagree.

How better to keep people interested and the NFL in the new constantly than by having these "controversies" every week?

The NFL is the WWF.  Except I don't think the players are totally in on it as much as the officials call games to keep the desired NFL narrative going.  Sometimes players can overcome it...sometimes its just blatantly obvious.

Denver vs Chicago.  Chicago had zero penalties.  (Except one declined defensive holding.)  Zero.  The entire game.  Denver had eight.  Six on the defense.  

Kept that game pretty close too.

I get the controversy being an attraction to some, but to others it is a big turn off.

I would add having fans think the officiating borders on criminal behavior (officials in with bookies) is never something owners want to be a part of their culture, a culture being created and magnified as highly probably due to doing nothing to fix the officiating blunders.

Have a great Thanksgiving Dino and everyone. Be safe
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I am so ready for 2024 season. I love pro football and hoping for a great Bengals year. Regardless, always remember it is a game and entertainment. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Lewis blasts 'phantom call' at end of game - Luvnit2 - 11-24-2015, 01:44 PM