Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Bet Willie Jackson Feels Pretty Stupid Right Now!
(02-04-2022, 09:39 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm a think they're are two kinds of fans one's that favor the organization and fans that favor the players. Of course we all bleed orange and black and love both but we tend to lean one way or the other. I'm a players fan and really enjoy seeing former players still enjoy the Bengals success and dislike a player going out of there way to take a swipe at the team.
As far as his play I know he seemed to regress and plateau a bit after his initial success. I wanted to keep him but the main reason being I didn't want to add more to the needs list and keep some continuity in the secondary. This was my biggest concern in the defense this year as we had and all new CB group. Probably one of the best things the front office has done is put this group together because you can spend money and it's no guarantee that it will lead to results. The WFT is a perfect example and its not a swipe but they invested into they're secondary and they were a bad passing defense at least most of the year.

I was on the get rid of WJIII train, because from day one here while he was a beast in man coverage, he struggled with zone concepts. I just never in the world thought we'd get two corners for the price of one, both of whom are better.
As far as rooting for players who leave here, it depends on how they left. If a player leaves because he is traded or not re-signed, I tend to pull for them to succeed elsewhere pretty heavily (Think Burkhardt and Gio) If they leave chasing more money, it depends on how they go out the door. I don't mind them leaving for a bigger contract, but when they start taking shots at the organization, and especially the fans as they go out the door, I have no use for them.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Bet Willie Jackson Feels Pretty Stupid Right Now! - Sled21 - 02-04-2022, 10:31 AM