Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Bet Willie Jackson Feels Pretty Stupid Right Now!
(02-04-2022, 10:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I was on the get rid of WJIII train, because from day one here while he was a beast in man coverage, he struggled with zone concepts. I just never in the world thought we'd get two corners for the price of one, both of whom are better.
As far as rooting for players who leave here, it depends on how they left. If a player leaves because he is traded or not re-signed, I tend to pull for them to succeed elsewhere pretty heavily (Think Burkhardt and Gio) If they leave chasing more money, it depends on how they go out the door. I don't mind them leaving for a bigger contract, but when they start taking shots at the organization, and especially the fans as they go out the door, I have no use for them.

I kind of think of Dunlap most recently. I don't want to get into that whole debate but I tend to want to focus on the good times of a player and not how it ended. Also if a player takes a swipe or two I tend to let it roll of my back ( WJIII, Joseph and J. Hill). About the only player the irks me is Palmer. I continued to wish him success after he left and if I happened to see one of his games were he wasn't playing the Bengals rooting for him. But he seems to continue to take swipes at the Bengals seemingly anytime he gets the chance. I think looking back we probably should've done more to surround him with weapons. But he needs to look in the mirror more than blame the Bengals. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Bet Willie Jackson Feels Pretty Stupid Right Now! - NUGDUKWE - 02-04-2022, 10:56 AM