Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst/best team message boards you have visited?
(02-07-2022, 01:27 AM)BengalB Wrote: KC boards. By far. Bunch of whiners who have gone so far as to say that Patty threw the game because "they" told him to throw it.   Hilarious

Jeez 2 super bowl appearances 1 win and they think they're NFL royalty. Jeez. They went a very long time without a playoff win as well.

As for other sports, RealGM was the only place online where real basketball discussion took place and still is as far I'm concerned. The Tim Donaghy scandal really damaged NBA talk online.

College football boards tend to be insane, I used to frequent StingTalk but I think most Yellow Jackets have given up on the college football thing after UGA won a natty. The Clemson ones were barely in English. The Rivals boards are barely on topic, but some are recruiting insiders there. In general unless you're a big school, you usually have to go Rivals, just avoid the big general board.

Baseball talk seems to have shifted towards Reddit and other social media, and it usually is of higher quality than most social media talk, maybe because the higher attention span required and older median age.

Soccer is a mixed bag that heavily depends on team, they're usually terrible if they're "big clubs" like Man U and Chelsea but can be OK if its smaller and or non-English. Soccer fans tend to be even bigger homers than the average American sports fan. English speaking PSG fans tend to never be happy, though, even with the league won in a couple of months.

For MMA, Sherdog is the only that still gets posts and it alternates between being hilarious and some of the stupidest shit you've ever read. They are the only sports fans who seem to be honest with themselves about PED use.

Sports fans seem to be the only ones who still use forums. Huh.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Worst/best team message boards you have visited? - CorpusChristiBengal - 02-07-2022, 01:50 AM