Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Super Bowl Play Clock Concern
(02-07-2022, 03:38 PM)motoarch Wrote: Im not sure what data you're using to make this statement so I don't know if its true.  My gut says you're over-reacting to 1 or 2 calls.

The Bengals did have a couple of these in the playoffs likely because crowd noise at their away games.  Nothing that had a meaningful impact overall in the game and given circumstances nothing to over-react to.  Seemed like more of a problem at Tennessee and a bugged they worked out at KC (though there was at least one call in KC against them).

I did not watch the Rams games as closely so I don't know exactly what instance/s you're referring to but we are talking about but different games different refs.

I don't see why in the same game with same official's this wouldn't be called equally or fairly.  Additionally despite this being in the Rams stadium this isn't really a home game in the true sense.  Crowd noise will not likely be any different for either team while their respective offenses are on the field.

This feels like trying to find something to discuss/breakdown for the sake of doing so rather than a legitimate concern.

Many times in the 49ers game, the clock was many seconds after zero when Rams snapped the ball, but no delay of game.  Announcers called it out.  It wasn't a close thing, the Refs just were NOT going to call delay of game on the Rams no matter how long they took after clock hit Zero. 

I'm not trying to find a discussion. This is a real concern of mine.  There are RULES in this game and I hope The Refs call the game Even and Both Ways.  If Bengals have to get the ball snapped or get delay of game, but Rams can take all day and not get delay of game penalty, that would be an unfair advantage. 

I point it out because Rams should have got Delay Of Game Penalty many times in NFC Championship Game, and announcers even said so.  Not talking about a split second here.  The clock would go to Zero and many seconds later Rams would snap the ball.  They should have been moved backwards in penalty yards.  

If Bengals have to get snap off before Zero, but Rams don't,  that would be an abuse of The Rules by The Refs helping Los Angeles win, as they did against 49ers.  All I ask is The Refs call it Equal and Both Ways.  If they aren't going to call delay of game on Rams, don't call it on Bengals. 

It is also important because both Burrow and Stafford changing plays take the clock down to around Zero often. Delay Of Game needs to be called more Equal than NFC Championship Game where Refs were not flagging and moving back Rams, no mater how many seconds after clock hit Zero. NFL, make the Refs call the game equal.

Again, I'm not talking about a split second here. I'm talking clock hitting Zero and 3 to 5 seconds later Rams snap the ball and gain yards, when The Rules are they should be moved backwards yards by The Refs. This is what Rams were getting away with in NFC Championship. What I DON'T want to see is Rams calling Delay Of Game on Burrow and Bengals on the split second, and Rams allowed to take an extra 3 to 5 seconds after Zero. I don't want to hear about Crowd Noise, that is nonsense. This would be The Refs cheating and calling the game in favor of Rams, which would be worse than Pete Rose. Call The Game Even.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Super Bowl Play Clock Concern - kevin - 02-07-2022, 03:11 PM
RE: Platy Clock Concern - motoarch - 02-07-2022, 03:38 PM
RE: Play Clock Concern - kevin - 02-07-2022, 09:06 PM
RE: Platy Clock Concern - ochocincos - 02-07-2022, 03:46 PM
RE: Platy Clock Concern - Sled21 - 02-07-2022, 04:07 PM
RE: Platy Clock Concern - rfaulk34 - 02-07-2022, 04:11 PM
RE: Platy Clock Concern - Nepa - 02-07-2022, 04:13 PM
RE: Super Bowl Play Clock Concern - kevin - 02-08-2022, 12:26 AM