Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peace
(02-08-2022, 11:02 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I was watching "Man in the Arena" with Tom Brady last night and I couldn't help but draw parallels from his second season in the league to Joe Burrows second season in the league. Tom came out of nowhere to lead the Pats to a Super Bowl in his second season and the actually ended up beating the Rams in the Super Bowl. It was considered one of the biggest upsets/surprise runs in Super Bowl history.

Brady mentioned that leading up to the Super Bowl, he wasn't nervous about the game at all and that he was "at peace" with the season that he had.

Ever since the Raiders game, this has been my exact feeling. I was anxious as all hell about getting that first playoff win, but since then, I've had a peaceful feeling going into each game. Don't get me wrong, I was happy as hell when we beat the Titans and Chiefs, but it's almost like I knew we were going to win each game.

It's a weird feeling, but I'm not nervous or anxious about the game Sunday. Maybe it's because I know it's just the beginning of the Burrow era and there's much more to come and this is sustainable, or it's because I just know we are going to win. Maybe it's because we've already completely overachieved and actually made the Super Bowl which is a huge accomplishment. It's almost like playing with house money. No pressure.

Is anyone else just "at peace" with everything and the season (win or lose Sunday) that we've had?

It is a weird feeling, it is a great feeling but it is weird that I also was only really nervous in the Raiders game. We HAD to get 
that monkey off our back. Once that was done I thought the sky was the limit and here we are. The Rams have all the pressure
on them in this Superbowl, we hardly have any in my opinion. We can just have fun and if we pull it off? Great, SB Champs!!!

The Rams traded all kinds of picks and their future away for this shot. The have to win now. Kind of the same thing with the 
Chiefs last week, they had to win now with the best roster they will maybe ever have cause with Mahomes contract they won't
be able to afford that good of a roster again. The Chiefs had to win and still couldn't pull it off against us.

The Rams better come to play and not be overlooking us cause of our bad OL...

We can still win this game even with our bad OL against their top front. We can make up for our weakness, we saw it against
the Titans who just owned our OL and we still won. That was a great game to prepare us for the Rams. Yes, I am at peace 
going into this Superbowl. Win or lose, the future is crazy bright for our Cincinnati Bengals.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Peace - WeezyBengal - 02-08-2022, 11:02 AM
RE: Peace - Bengalbug - 02-08-2022, 11:49 AM
RE: Peace - Interceptor - 02-08-2022, 11:53 AM
RE: Peace - Nepa - 02-08-2022, 12:33 PM
RE: Peace - CKwi88 - 02-08-2022, 12:57 PM
RE: Peace - WeezyBengal - 02-08-2022, 12:58 PM
RE: Peace - packerbacker - 02-08-2022, 01:06 PM
RE: Peace - Truck_1_0_1_ - 02-08-2022, 01:27 PM
RE: Peace - Whatever - 02-08-2022, 01:35 PM
RE: Peace - Pezmerga - 02-08-2022, 01:43 PM