Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
And it's Wait Till Next Year time again...
(02-14-2022, 02:22 AM)Joelist Wrote: That is the question I posed. Anyone can see the issue - but given the track record of the Bengals will they step up and really, truly fix it?

We wait and see, I don't know, it'll be super tough to want to watch them next year if we see no effort. I wouldn't doubt anyone who wanted to stop watching if they saw no o-line fixes, Burrow dragged that line to the superbowl and almost won it with them which would have been bonkers.

This loss had to happen to force the long term fixes. Now we hope/pray we get back there someday, the memory of this loss will drive them to win. The naivety of what happened this year can't happen again by definition.

This happens in sports, it hurts, "we can't do this again", then they come back, the next year or another year later, and win it all with their new found knowledge.

We would be happy if we won, for sure, but I think there would be "less" urge to fix the problems the Bengals have. We can't convert short yardage at all, it's kind of embarrassing to have to throw on 4th and short. Even the Rams got stuffed by our defense. If we can convert 3rd and 1s consistently, it would help tremendously. Thankfully we can kill 4-6 birds with 2-3 stones.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: And it's Wait Till Next Year time again... - reuben.ahmed - 02-14-2022, 02:25 AM