Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
And it's Wait Till Next Year time again...
(02-14-2022, 03:45 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: What I don't understand is yes we need to fix our Oline, but every single AFC competitor will fix their issues also. 
In addition, I don't think the Ravens will have the total injury bug next year and they will have a 4th place schedule which includes playing against five 4th place teams, while we play against five 1st place teams.  

The key is we must have had less issues (and obviously some luck) to almost win the superbowl. We didn't just make it, we were leading in the 4th and were very close.

It's like saying a guy running a marathon in under 2 hours is at 2 hours 3 minutes and someone else is at 6 hours, and they're going to buy new shoes and beat him. They're not that far away from us but it doesn't take MUCH between winning the superbowl or being totally out of it, each team we beat in the playoffs was by a sliver in the last second.

I think playing in the AFC-N and playing tougher games only prepares them for the Playoffs. I think the Rams saw the AFC-N come out of the Bengals and it just didn't last enough, Burrow dragged that line to a super bowl win would have almost been similar/better than LeBron dragging a bunch of scrubs to the finals, except Burrow has some exceptional teammates right now.

There is luck involved in getting and winning the superbowl, don't let anyone tell you "the bengals got lucky" in a negative connotatoin. Luck is preparation meets opportunity in the general sense, the opportunity was there, the preparation was there, the team as constructed might split 50/50 games if that superbowl was played 10 times.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: And it's Wait Till Next Year time again... - reuben.ahmed - 02-14-2022, 04:38 AM