Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few thoughts after the Super Bowl
(02-14-2022, 12:26 AM)tBengal Wrote: -The two plays that really stick out to me are the holding call on Wilson and the deep throw on second and one on the final drive.

-Upgrade the OL this off-season and we have a good chance to run it back

-I firmly believe we’re going to win the Super Bowl soon with Burrow but we have to give him protection

-Glad I’m off work tomorrow because I wouldn’t be in a good frame of mind to go in

-This was a fun season, I didn’t post much but had a fun time reading all of your posts and enjoying this ride with you

Yeah.   This loss sucks but we just didn't play well enough as a complete team to have come out on top.    I won't fall into the "officials" excuse because while the Wilson holding call was horrible, so was the lack of facemask call on Higgins on the long TD to start the second half.   

We have got to fix our OLine.   While our redzone play wasn't stellar, it really is hard to call much of anything the deeper into the playoffs you go with the caliber of OLine that we have.   Kudos to them for playing well enough to get us to the Super Bowl, but it was something that was bound to bite us eventually.  

This is now the third close super bowl loss that I've watched and they have all sucked, but it was great getting there again after so many years.    This was still a special season for a number of reasons and I think we have a very bright future ahead.  

Just hoping us FA this year to fix the OLine and use the draft to solidify our depth overall.  

Out time is coming.    This team has exceeded expectations and gotten a taste and came so close.   Now, I think they come back hungrier than ever and want to win it all.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A few thoughts after the Super Bowl - jwalker3853 - 02-14-2022, 09:36 AM