Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few thoughts after the Super Bowl
1) This loss was a total gut punch, but I'm proud of the team nonetheless. I had them at seven wins at the beginning of the season. I'll take the Super Bowl appearance instead, even if it wasn't the outcome I wanted.

2) It's easy to pin this loss on the refs, and sure there were some bad calls, but I pin this loss squarely on the two things that have been holding us back all season: the offensive line and playcalling in the redzone. For a team that has Joe Burrow, Ja'Marr Chase, Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd and Joe Mixon, the offense should be able to score touchdowns. The fact that we are not able to do so with that offensive firepower is deeply concerning. My hope is that fixing the offensive line will solve our redzone woes, but Zac Taylor needs to take a hard look at this. With this talent, it's simply inexcusable. As for the offensive line...

3) Joe Burrow was on pace to be the most sacked QB in the league in 2020, and then his knee got destroyed. Joe Burrow WAS the most sacked QB in the league in 2021, and he was THIS close to having another major knee injury last night. I don't know what else the front office needs to see before they realize that the offensive line is a major problem, and it needs fixed. No band-aids. No half-measures. It's well past time to put some serious money behind this unit. The 2022 Mantra HAS to be "Keep Burrow clean." This is looking way too much like Andrew Luck for my liking.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A few thoughts after the Super Bowl - Big Boss - 02-14-2022, 12:01 PM