Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
“There’s always next year…”
(02-14-2022, 01:19 PM)Joelist Wrote: That is what I was referring to - people here are WAY too blase about making it back to the Super Bowl. Who would have guessed Dan Marino when they got there in his second season would never return? The odds do not favor teams making repeat Super Bowl trips. THIS WAS THEIR CHANCE and they blew it. Also we know how the Bengals roll - I have sketchy confidence the front office will do what is needed because the need position are not Mike Brown values ones. 

I hear ya, and I'll admit I haven't been this confident we'd bounce back since 2005...so yeah, shows what I know.  With that being said, it isn't insanity to picture the Bengals being back or being a dynasty in the making, but we are also used to hitting a brick wall of sorts when it comes to winning.

I don't think we'll be the Buffalo Bills of the 2020s, though.  Let's see.....the teams that have lost the SB haven't had it too great for a while.  They've been in the mix mostly, but other than the Rams (and the Patriots, but they never count) they haven't won it, and the Rams had such an overhaul since 2018 to win this SB we are convinced they're going to be 3-14 for the next decade.

Burrow is going to have to be the next Brady for us to get many cracks at the SB, I guess.  But the list of the 20 most recent SB losers doesn't paint a picture of "we'll be back next year" that's for sure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: “There’s always next year…” - Nately120 - 02-14-2022, 01:27 PM