Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let’s be honest. Y’all got further than you should’ve.
(02-14-2022, 04:29 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: And that’s not an insult. It’s a huge damn compliment. I’m not a betting man, but if I had to, there’s no way in hell I would’ve bet you guys win more than 8, let alone make the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl. Cincy, most of the season, had no business being here.

With adequate protection, Joe Burrow is going to absolutely demolish the NFL. I don’t see you guys missing the playoffs again for a very, very long time. And the fact that Burrow won’t let this loss faze him in the slightest, I don’t think a Patriots type dynasty is out of the question for Cincy. I really don’t.

Also — I’m not a Titans fan in case you guys were wondering. I’m a Burrow/Chase/Saints fan. Might even like the Bengals more than the Saints because Burrow/Chase meant that much to LSU.

You must be new to the Cincinnati Bengals — and that’s not an insult either. You’re spot on: The 2021 iteration of the Bengals definitely overachieved in the postseason and for those of us who’ve been here for 40 years or more we can tell you it’s a positive development.

With Marvin Lewis the Bengals looked like giant killers during the regular seasons in 2005, 2009, and from 2011-2015. However, Marvin’s good-to-great teams wilted in the playoffs. The spotlight was too bright and too hot.

No longer.

This past regular season the Bengals had great games and awful games, often one right after another. One week we would demolish the Ravens then the next week we would lose to the Jets. In the postseason Cincinnati found some grit and toughness led by the defense. In the Super Bowl the defense played more than well enough to win — but on offense the line broke and buckled just as you said.

It’s not fair to say the Front Office didn’t address the offensive line since 2015. They did — and they miscalculated terribly. The draft picks didn’t pan out and Andy Dalton, like Joe Burrow now, got flattened often.

This offseason is crucial with respect to offensive line upgrades and once again you are correct. With even a few more seconds to set and throw Joe Burrow will wreck this league for the next fifteen years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let’s be honest. Y’all got further than you should’ve. - Fan_in_Kettering - 02-14-2022, 07:54 PM