Poll: What position(s) would you sacrifice for better OL?
TE
DT
CB
S
Other
None, just restructure!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What positions would you sacrifice for better OL?
(02-14-2022, 06:08 PM)tms Wrote: Honestly, I think the Bengals are in such a ridiculously unique position with three key pieces on rookie deals that they needn't sacrifice much. It's not a zero-sum game for them right now. They are getting +value from more than a few guys, which gives them a window in which to create a whole greater than the sum of the parts.

For sure, they'll need to make in investment in the OL. I'd say two stud vets and a third starter. They should have the flex for that. Then draft and develop from there. It doesn't necessitate letting JB30 walk either, or even CJ. For the next two years they can all fit. By worrying about the long-term implications we're putting the cart before the horse. I say we cross that bridge when we get there.

But if I had to pick one, I guess I'd be less worried about the DBs. We picked Apple, Flowers and Allen off the street. Chido was an underrated FA. Lou seems to know whose skills fit his scheme and how to find diamonds in the rough. At the same time, I don't see Bates as disposable at all. Not just because we don't need to, but also because he's such unique weapon. His range and discipline are second to none, he's a reliable tackler and durable af. Not to mention his leadership is a bonus. He's such an awesome CF that gives us flexibility to show different looks, experiment with new ideas and confuse offenses. I hope we don't lose him.

DBs are definitely Anarumo's wheelhouse, as he was a former DB coach.
He has been able to find some underrated players, but I don't think anyone was actually that excited for Apple, Flowers, Allen, or even Awuzie when they were brought in.
He might find some more players who are higher value than their bargain bin price, but fans might not have confidence in those bargain bin players right away.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What positions would you sacrifice for better OL? - ochocincos - 02-14-2022, 07:55 PM