Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If I were in charge of the Bengals today
(02-15-2022, 03:09 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: It all was to be expected.  The last two decades nearly all of our playoff losses were because teams came out with better game plans and executed.  This was easily the most winnable game of all of our losses this season.  It seems there were more than a handful of plays that if just one of them goes differently we win this game.  However, most of those things were mistakes by an inexperienced coaching staff.  

I had most of my kids hockey team parents over for a Super Bowl party who never really watched the Bengals play this year but we’re rooting for Burrow.  Some of which are former professional hockey players/current D1 College Hockey Head Coaches…and they just could not believe some of the boneheaded things the Bengals coaches were doing.  Aside from the poor officiating calls the general consensus was the Bengals coaching staff lost them the game more than the Rams won it.  

This all goes back to Mike Brown’s choice to hire an inexperienced coach and the fact that they had a difficult time getting anybody to coach the defense.  You’d think after years of Mike Browns selected coaches getting outcoached he would look for somebody who wouldn’t need come in and learn the ways of the NFL.  But in reality all Mike wanted was a yes guy to come in and be a face while Mike ran everything behind the curtain.   He absolutely deserves to come as close as you can to a Lombardi and not win it.

I still believe that Zac can learn since he is young. He should be really kicking himself after that terrible gameplan.

As you said, that game was very winnable and we almost won even with a terrible gameplan which is the crazy part.

The only way to gain experience is to coach in these types of games and learn from them.

All I know is Zac and Lou specifically were way better this season. I just hope they continue to get better at what they do.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If I were in charge of the Bengals today - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-15-2022, 03:14 PM