Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you feel about paying for a new stadium NOW?
Since I don't live there, it wouldn't be my call at all. But I'd curious what renovations exactly they have in mind or that need to be done. At some point, it can be a better option to go new. While I'm not convinced they're quite there yet, I think it's inevitable. PBS is a very utilitarian stadium. Just like Riverfront was. It gets the job done. It's very "AFC North, play in the elements and lots of concrete" vibe isn't aging super well compared to other stadiums in the league built since.

While I have no problem with an open air stadium, I just don't think it's designed well. And from a fan perspective, a dome would be a hell of a lot nicer and likely attract more fans. Maybe not diehard fans, but fans nonetheless. The logistics are where I get confused, because it's not like the riverfront has unending real estate to build while the old is being used. The timing was unique when GABP and PBS were built.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you feel about paying for a new stadium NOW? - MileHighGrowler - 02-17-2022, 07:47 PM