Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Cincinnati is THE Destination to Win a Ring
The issue of weather is mostly mute in the grand scheme since every player in the NFL has to play in cold weather at some point and the overwhelming majority likely grew up playing in all kinds of lousy weather. There's probably a few prima dona's who think they deserve nice, sunny weather as a perk, but they have to in the extreme minority.. In other words that's way overblown..
There are basically two types in my opinion.... Guys who want the most money, end stop and don't care if their team wins as long as they're paid a kings ransom and there's the type who primarily want to win and get paid regardless of weather.. If it were just a matter of weather all the best players would be in Miami, NOLA, LA, etc., and teams like Green Bay, New England, Denver, Pittsburgh would be football purgatory with only the scrubs wanting to be there..  Obviously that's not the case..Winning and money will always beat any weather issues.
I'm not necessarily convinced that every FA wants to beat a path to the Bengals. It's not like the team has a sparkling reputation for winning championships with zero championships other than 3 conference championships in their history.. It certainly doesn't hurt having a QB like Joe and locker room happiness would be a real plus, but nobody is going to threaten to retire unless they get traded to the Bengals. They're probably going to enjoy their best chance to attract good FA's than years past, but it doesn't take a degree in rocket science to know that any team can disintegrate quickly if things go south for any number of issues. I seriously doubt that the majority of great players are willing to take drastic cuts in salary just to be in Cincinnati. Some of this is simply hyperbole and wishful thinking. hey, I'm definitely guilty of practicing hyperbole and wishful thinking, but i also try to practice realistic thinking whenever possible.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cincinnati is THE Destination to Win a Ring - grampahol - 02-22-2022, 09:37 AM