Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Cincinnati is THE Destination to Win a Ring
(02-23-2022, 10:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: My point is that we have 6 starters to replace when a lot of teams only have one or two.

It is more complicated than just looking at "cap space".  We are not really in that good of a position because of the high number of players we have to replace.

I think this is an accurate summary of where this Bengals roster is currently positioned. The tiresome "draft Chase or Sewell" threads exemplify the point. Coming into the '21 season, the roster had a whole lot of needs. The Bengals needed both Chase and Sewell. Needing to improve the roster hasn't changed even though we made a Super Bowl run. I think it is safe to say we need OL (C, Guard, & Tackle), help in the secondary at CB, DT because of the impending free agents, and possibly depth at LB. I'm guessing many of you can chime in with opinions about other positions where an upgrade is needed; I've seen people mentioning it's time to draft a punter in some threads and although people love CJ, many opine it's time to upgrade TE. Edit: Add Safety to the mix if we lose Bates.

I'm not going to offer an opinion about how cap management plays into this as I'd just be pretending I know something about it when I do not, but if we want to see the Bengals improve upon 10-7 and make another Super Bowl run, there is still some roster churning to be done. Hopefully we can sign a big name for the OL and use the draft to get players that can make an immediate impact similar to Chase and McPherson.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cincinnati is THE Destination to Win a Ring - TecmoBengals - 02-23-2022, 10:16 AM