Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Hobson’s annual disappointment cap article
(03-14-2022, 11:28 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Im going to once more try to get along... Im sure it is a mistake again, but here goes:

Not sure I love it if I am Joe, but the reasons I can see this: 

The Bengals ALWAYS do less guaranteed money.

Mahomes received a paltry 10M signing bonus, my guess was we give Joe $60M upfront (we usually go big to offset the desire for large guarantees)

Joe is a "hometown" guy, it is his team, he understands and wants other good players on the roster as well...?

Dude, go back and read my original response to you. Then tell me what I wrote that has you so pissed off.

So your hypothesis is Burrow will give them a home town discount. That’s possible, but not probable.

Your reasoning behind this deal is cash flow. You want to avoid the $250M you claim the Chiefs needed to put into escrow for their Mahomes’ contract. But, from the information I can find, only $63M was guaranteed at signing (including his salary the first three seasons.) Not $250M.

You proposed signing Burrow to team friendly deal with a $60M signing bonus which is paid in cash at the time of signing.

Your proposed contract for Burrow only reduces the cash needed for escrow by $3M. Or it reduces the Bengals cash flow problem by 4.75%. That’s not much of a cash flow solution.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread