Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Hobson’s annual disappointment cap article
(03-14-2022, 12:34 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Not even close, but I gave you my answer. You can come up with your opinion of how to do Burrow's deal.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/patrick-mahomes-contract-details-guaranteed-money/1gpmlnyxtkbqi1g4z5aqr21kpp

Quote: Though Mahomes' contract features $141.428 million in guarantees over 12 years, he was guaranteed only $63.082 million at signing.

That $63.082 million includes Mahomes' signing bonus, his base salary for the next three years and his 2021 and 2022 roster bonuses. Which means Mahomes' contract essentially will be a year-to-year deal starting in 2023.

Multiple reports of Mahomes' contract extension used the phrase "guarantee mechanisms," which are just fancy words to describe the timeline of when chunks of money in the deal will become fully guaranteed.

You don’t need to believe me, but show me where the breakdown of his guaranteed money is incorrect.

The guarantee mechanisms are designed to manipulate the cash flow to prevent the exact scenario you’re worried about.

$63M guaranteed at signing. That’s how much cash the Chiefs need at signing. Minus the signing bonus, that’s how much cash they need for escrow.

Explain how The Sporting News reporting is incorrect.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread