Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's discuss the 4th WR on the depth chart- upcoming season
The way the League is going, the priority has to be getting as many legit WRs on 1st contracts as possible on the roster. Burrow and Chase are worth the mega-contracts. Higgins/Boyd are replaceable to me down the road. Need to get younger weapons to replace Higgins when he goes for his huge 2nd contract. Boyd's next contract needs to be a cheaper one or he should get replaced as well.

I think you have to throw darts at WR every year. I would say you should draft 1 WR in the first 3 rounds (maybe stretch it to the 4th if there are huge needs to be addressed first). If you hit the pick, great you just made your roster cheaper. If you hit "too many times", even better, now you have trade-bait.

If you think this is crazy, the Rams almost lost the Super Bowl because OBJ went down and they only had Cooper Kupp as a legit weapon on that final drive. That's a lesson the Bengals should learn, you never have too many weapons. Just keep stockpiling them for a rainy day.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's discuss the 4th WR on the depth chart- upcoming season - TexasorBusted - 03-23-2022, 12:03 AM