Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2022 Roster/FA Update + FA Finish & Draft Speculation
(03-24-2022, 05:03 PM)Nepa Wrote: Terrific analysis.

Although I don't know about the statement: "On defense, 10/11 starters from a top 10 defense return." I don't think the Bengals were a top 10 defense.

During the regular season, the defense was 18th in yards allowed and 17th in points allowed.

(03-24-2022, 05:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We were 5th at stopping the run last I checked and were the best Defense in the Playoffs IMO.

I think we are a top 10 Defense but points allowed is a telling stat. Middle of the pack in that aspect, this needs to improve big time.

I think it will.

Interesting that the last 9 games we averaged 18 points a game points allowed. Didn’t go back and look at all teams their last 9 games but if for the year we’d given up 18 we’d be first. I was told that they will draft the BPA at #31 and that’s really their philosophy period. I think that most of these are likely not to be there at #31 but I could see Booth, Elam, Dax Hill, Linderbaum, Zion Johnson, or possibly a DT. I look for a DT at #63. Most of the good DT’s will go before their pick then there’s a drop off so I think they’ll pass. If Winfrey’s there at #63 they’d take him but he’s likely gone. #31 is too high for him.

I think that it will be a corner. Like I said unless a really good DT, OL are there unexpectedly
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2022 Roster/FA Update + FA Finish & Draft Speculation - Soonerpeace - 03-24-2022, 07:32 PM