Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
WHAT SUPER BOWL STEELERS HAVE GOT AT PICK 31
(04-02-2022, 11:38 AM)kevin Wrote: In the AFC North, the team use to going to Super Bowl the most is The Steelers.  Actually they have gone to Super Bowl a lot for an AFC Team.  I would go back to Lombardi Packers but there were not 32 first round picks.  As a Bengal Fan, we are not use to picking in a Super Bowl part of the draft.  So who have Steelers got around Pick 31.  

In 2005 at pick 30, they got TE- Heath Miller.  In 2011 at pick 31, they got DE-Cameron Heyward.  In 2017 at pick 30, they got LB-TJ Watt

OK, lets look at Patriots.

In 2005 at pick 32, G- Logan Mankins.  In 2025 at pick 32, DT-Malcom Brown. 2018 at pick 31 is RB-Sony Michael.

If there is any method or idea here, it seems that THE BENGALS have to Wait And See and be Open Minded on who falls to them.  

So people saying to grab this guy or that guy is pure nonsense, because Bengals Fans are use to picking early.  On picking late, it seems the best thing to do is be very Open Minded, and if a TJ Watt or Heath Miller type player falls to Bengals at pick 31, TAKE HIM, regardless of what position he plays.  What ever Top Athlete who should be Round One but is falling into Round Two, GRAB HIM.

So I would think the Bengals should have a list of who they think are the 32 First Round players in this Draft.  Simply take the highest rated player that falls to them.  NFL teams always surprise by taking a later round pick in Round One, it happens every year.  This causes pretty good players to go down the ladder.  I'm not saying the Bengals can get a TJ Watt at pick 31, but it shows good players do fall to Pick 31.   Heck, The Bengals got Tee Higgins at the top of Round 2 in 2020.  

I'm not even going to try to guess which Top Players fall due to a run on quarterbacks or receivers. I just know Top Players do Fall.  The Bengals should be waiting there with a Johnny Bench catchers mitt to catch the Best Player that Falls to them at Pick 31, no matter what position he plays.  Other Super Bowl Teams show this to be true.

GO BENGALS....The road back to Super Bowl has already begun

Tiger  Who Dey  Tiger
Nice post.  This provides perspective for all of us who have become depressingly accustomed to the rarefied air of early picks and may require acclimitization to the the heavy air at 31.

The impressive thing about this year's free agency is how it has set us up to do exactly what you're suggesting:  BPA.  It's really going to be fun to watch the draft and see what diamond falls into our lap.  

It's hard to stomach that our hated rival has struck gold so often from the 31 spot.  The good thing is that they have shown us what's possible.  Duke Tobin, go thou and do likewise.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: WHAT SUPER BOWL STEELERS HAVE GOT AT PICK 31 - Speedy Thomas - 04-02-2022, 01:00 PM