Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
WHAT SUPER BOWL STEELERS HAVE GOT AT PICK 31
(04-02-2022, 01:48 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: So just for fun, I did simulations at the 4 sites to see who might be available at 31.

PFF -- no one of note.  But, Howell was available.  If we traded back with a QB-hungry team, 40-42 was Travis Jones, Ebiteke, Kenyon Green.

TDN -- our choice of Elam, Hill, Cine, Mafe, and Ojabo.  Pickett/Howell also there.  A trade back to 40-42 giver us the choice of Skyye Moore (think 4 wides and returner), LB Harris from Bama, Tyler Smith.

PFN -- Devonte Wyatt (yes, please) and Kenyon Green.  Pickett/Howell there.  Trade back to 39-41 for the choice of Ojabe, McCreary, and Mafe.  Screw that, it's Wyatt.

Fanspeak -- Devin Lloyd and Stingley.  I know, lol, but there they are.

I'm tempted to combine ESPN and CBS top players to see who the Top 32 are.  Here is the thing. There are always teams who take a player slated to go Round 2 or 3.  This causes Round 1 players to fall.  No way The Steelers should have got Heath Miller, Heyward or TJ Watt so late in Round One. Teams must have been taking Round 2 or 3 Players in Round 1.   So could The Bengals get a player who is in the Top 10, or Top 15 at Pick 30.  Yes, it happens.  

Lets look at Steelers getting TJ Watt end of Round 1, or Bengals getting Tee Higgins at pick 33 to start Round 2.   This shows Bengals could get a good player that should have went earlier in draft.  

So I'm not looking at who may be there at Pick 31 now, because someone much better will probably fall to Bengals.  Teams picking for Needs often take Round 2 or Round 3 players in Round One,  it happens every year.  This causes a TJ Watt or Tee Higgins to be steals as you get around Pick 31.  

We agree, it's too early to say who to draft.  We agree for Bengals to wait and see who falls, and maybe Bengals get very lucky on a player who should never still be on the board at Pick 31.   No matter what position he plays, Bengals should take a top player that should have went sooner. They won't know that until the Draft is actually going. 

I just looked at ESPN and CBS Top Prospects and Mock Drafts. Here are some possible falls to Bengals :
#1. Nakobe Dean-LB-Georgia....ESPN rates him 12, CBS 21. ESPN has Chargers taking him at 17, but CBS has him undrafted when Bengals pick.
#2, DeVonte Wyatt-DL-Georgia....ESPN rates him 20, CBS 33. Yet CBS shows him going to Packers at 22 but ESPN shows him undrafted when Bengals pick
#3. Daxton Hill-Safety-Michigan....ESPN rates at 23, CBS at 11. CBS shows Chiefs draft him at 30, but ESPN shows Bengals can get him at 31
#4. George Karlafits-DE-Purdue....ESPN ranks 24. CBS ranks 13. CBS shows Texans take him at 17. ESPN says Bengals can get him
Then at 5 and 6 are CB's of Kyler Gordon of Washington and Roger McCreary of Auburn.

So lets say one of these Georgia Defensive Players falls to Bengals at Pick 31. Bengals should be all over it. Wyatt is big enough to play DE or DT and would be a great add to Bengals D Line. Either of these Georgia players would be steals at pick 31. The Safety Hill looks like he might be around pick 31 anyway.

So the possible slips are the 2 Georgie Defensive Players, but maybe even better fall to Bengals on Draft Day. Hearing Bengals draft Wyatt would be OK to me. I have seen the name DeVonte Wyatt on Bengals.com as they talk about how Free Agency has set up Bengals to Draft Defense n Round One. Wyatt is big enough to play DE or DT, and that would add depth to both spots.

If we look at Steelers or Patriots at Super Bowl picks around 31, or Bengals at top picks in round 2, history shows a good player should fall to Bengals at pick 31. Just be Open Minded on the position this Best Available Athlete plays.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: WHAT SUPER BOWL STEELERS HAVE GOT AT PICK 31 - kevin - 04-03-2022, 05:04 AM