Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Carman rape accusation at Clemson
(04-28-2022, 09:01 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Really sickening to hear these stories but there are reasons to withhold trashing Carman too quickly.

If she is telling the truth then she got a lot of VERY bad advice. First: don’t ask the guy who raped you for a ride home. Get the hell out of there and someplace public and call for a ride from someone who hasn’t just raped you. 2nd: I understand a victim not wanting to file a report right away, but if you are a parent and your child tells you they were raped you don’t leave it up to them. You get them to a doctor and file a report.

It’s hard enough to prove rape, but you really need to go to the police right away to have a good shot at getting a conviction. Not always but time is of the essence in these situations.

All of that said, we live in an innocent until proven guilty country thankfully. The case was investigated and closed with no charges filed. It’s also worth noting she waited until his career was established and he was about to cash in before coming forward. I believe they also said she filed the report at age 17 (did not wait until she was a legal adult which would leave her at more risk if filing a false report). The fact that they reviewed her phone records and didn’t proceed further says something. Especially after she had screenshots of some of the convo but not the all of it, and said the rest would be more damning and once police saw the full records they dropped the case. Her mom also told her she can’t see him anymore even if she doesn’t file a report? That part of the story makes no sense. That’s not something you even need to say. Oh it’s ok if we don’t call the police but you are not allowed to hang out with your rapist again?! Doesn’t add up.

I certainly don’t want a rapist on our team but I also don’t want to see a young man’s life ruined by false accusations. It doesn’t sound like anything will come of this so I would not be in favor of cutting him unless more evidence comes out.

I agree with you on all points and also with your conclusions. May I add some more points that I noticed while reading the report?

Thirdly, do not go with a young man to his room if, as she reports, he tried to kiss her the day before at the cinema, using his body strength to his advantage at all times.

Fourth, what mother lets her fifteen-year-old daughter go to a movie with an adult man that doesn't start until 11pm and she doesn't get home until 1am? And the really strongest point, which you've already made as well. What mother leaves a decision to her fifteen-year-old daughter after she reports being raped?

Fifth, if the alleged perpetrator admits to his crime via text messages, why don't I keep a screenshot of it when I change my phone or provider? That would be the proof of my story in the first place.

There are just so many inconsistencies that I can understand a little that the prosecutor's office has closed the case. It is simply too little to destroy the life of a young man. Doubts always remain with accusations afterwards, that is in the nature of the thing. But there are just too many discrepancies in the story of her that I would also decide pro Carman. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breaking: Carman rape accusation at Clemson - Munich Bengals - 04-29-2022, 07:00 AM