Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Carman rape accusation at Clemson
(05-01-2022, 12:16 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: After reflecting on this situation, I realize that it was a pipe dream to ever expect the Bengals to cut him following this story.
I think it's very likely that they already knew about this accusation when they chose to draft him. If they were okay with it then, they're going to still be okay with it now.

It's frustrating because, up to that pick (and throughout this 2022 draft), the Bengals have prioritized team leaders and high character players. I don't know why they broke that pattern to draft an alleged rapist (and arguably a pedophile, although I understand some states allow for a 15 year old and an 18 year old to have sex) who isn't even that good at football.

I agree the pick makes no sense, I have a feeling Frank Pollack did not have input on this based on interviews after the selection.  I believe Mike Brown made the selection and that is why is still on the roster, and why we will be stuck with him for his entire contract and refuse to sign his replacement even though there are plenty of better options in free agency.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breaking: Carman rape accusation at Clemson - AtomicBlaze - 05-01-2022, 02:04 PM