Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Oline ranked #8 by PFF
(06-14-2022, 01:33 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes our real only big question mark as you mentioned is LG. I remember reading an article month or two ago and the author said words to the effect of "don't be surprised when D'ante Smith is the starting LG". Not sure where that confidence came from ? But between Carman. Smith, and perhaps even Volson ? We can make something work there ?

I'm just sick and tired of having a shitty Oline.

I personally don't see why anyone other than the coaches would have confidence in Smith or Volson over Carman.

Smith played 50 snaps last regular season and had a 53.0 overall PFF rating. 41.7 pass block. That's lower than Carman (56.3 overall, 53.0 pass block).
Smith did have 12 snaps in the postseason at a 55.9 rating, but only 1 pass block snap.

Smith needs to stay outside and use his extreme length (35.25" arms). He got up to 305 lbs when he performed his offseason workouts in 2021, but he went back down to 294 lbs during the season. He needs to stay bulked up. It's easier to get by with sub-300 size when you're like 6'2" or 6'3", but he's 6'5".

Volson is going to have a learning curve coming from FCS. No way around it. He might end up the best by season's end, but I can't imagine he's in a better spot than Carman yet.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Oline ranked #8 by PFF - ochocincos - 06-14-2022, 01:44 PM