Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The One: Rumblings of OBJ to the Bengals
(06-14-2022, 03:15 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I agree but you are wrong they haven’t given up so to speak. Just in case they do they want some salary cap room.

Latest word was that Bates' agent was wanting top dollar....that means $18 million.  No way in hell does he get that because one team was foolish enough to pay that for one other safety.

His agent is the problem.  He's gone, and I have somewhat turned on Bates.  For a guy that is a great player, who the Bengals drafted and developed, I don't get where he thinks he is worth the contracts of Awuzie, Hilton, and Apple COMBINED.  Stupid.

He will end up on some team after this year that will overpay for his potential production and get cut after two average seasons because they have poor talent around him and he won't be a part of the rebuild.  Probably a team like the Falcons or Jets.  

I wish it weren't the case, but I think Bates is long gone and will probably be a huge disappointment this season.  It's too bad, as he could have a potentially HOF career if he continued to develop and won a few championships here.  I just feel like he has let his agent fill his head with stupid notions and it will hurt him in the long run.  Just wait until he goes to the Jets and posts a 60 PFF rating after they pay him $15 Million per year.  He will love the attention he gets.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The One: Rumblings of OBJ to the Bengals - SHRacerX - 06-15-2022, 09:39 AM