Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The One: Rumblings of OBJ to the Bengals
(06-17-2022, 05:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's the thing.
He wants more, but his value is going to go up when 1) he's closer to being recovered from his injury, and 2) when teams have their WR1 or WR2 go down into the season and they're needing a replacement to help them compete toward the postseason.

He might get closer to that asking price, but it won't be until teams start having more a need.

This is likely the case with him and a slew of other FA's hoping for a team to be in desperation and needing PT.  

On the other hand, the timing of his recovery is key.  Teams will be most desperate post trade deadline but it will be hard to pick up a playbook and contribute if it drags into say week 10.  

He may see them as a contending offensive machine that has a clear path to at least rotation reps, Burrow using more 4WR sets when he is healthy and breathers for the other 3.  It's our biggest strength, we have other needs, there's the ego risk...but those 4 can block. That really opens up a lot.  I think it's more drumming up interest to pivot, but I'm not opposed if he takes less and doesn't gamble.  I'm assuming they would PUP him. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The One: Rumblings of OBJ to the Bengals - phil413 - 06-18-2022, 01:03 AM