Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The One: Rumblings of OBJ to the Bengals
(06-17-2022, 05:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's the thing.
He wants more, but his value is going to go up when 1) he's closer to being recovered from his injury, and 2) when teams have their WR1 or WR2 go down into the season and they're needing a replacement to help them compete toward the postseason.

He might get closer to that asking price, but it won't be until teams start having more a need.

He'd be a pure one-shot rental.  I'd be fine with that, and if he'd be willing to sign for less while his health is still in question, then I'd be okay with buying low for a potential big late-season boost to the offense/insurance for injury.  I doubt he's that desperate, but perhaps Burrow is enough of a draw for him to get on board at the ground floor.  

His attitude historically sucks, but it usually sets in after he's around for a year or so and starts to think the grass would be greener elsewhere.  A short stint on a contender would be an unlikely environment for that scenario to play out.  He'd be gone and looking for a better contract if all went as planned in 22.  

If Larry O is healthy, then yes, I'd rather have him.  I like Spain, but I think the team is making the right move in letting Volson/Carman battle it out.  Carman was criticized for being lazy and Volson is a guy that won't back down, regardless of draft position.  Either carman gets it together and holds him off, or Volson takes advantage and becomes the starter.  They need some kind of in-house youth to succeed on the line.  They won't be able to buy new OL every year.   

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The One: Rumblings of OBJ to the Bengals - samhain - 06-18-2022, 10:24 AM