Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The One: Rumblings of OBJ to the Bengals
(06-18-2022, 10:49 PM)phil413 Wrote: It has been a ST spot the last few years but that could bite them.  The improved running game will be a big deal, but you hate going from leaning on 3 wide sets to playing a ST or developmental guy that could blow a route.  Hurst is a solid target but not much behind him in terms of receiving skill at TE.  I also hate having to alter how the RB is used if a top 3 WR is hurt.  

Adding a bland but stable vet like Chester Rogers gives cheap stability before camp and could compete for punt return reps.  It's not that I don't like the guys we have for depth but having stability at 4th WR would be important. If the guys in house don't earn it, keep an eye on waivers. 

All good thoughts Phil. I agree, need a speedy vet even if I like our UDFA's, they are unknown and went undrafted for a reason.

Was a wild Draft for WR's, no one expected that many to go that early. OBJ is not the speedy vet we need though.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The One: Rumblings of OBJ to the Bengals - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-19-2022, 12:28 PM