Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow Feels The Best He Has Since Surgery!
(06-21-2022, 06:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Is that Brady, Brees or Peyton with the record? I forgot. Mellow

True, there would be an asterisk next to it but depends on if the QB that does break the record does it in 16 games. Burrow 
was coming off a terrible injury and wasn't right till about a dozen games in on top of the poor OL play. Him being healthy
which is the point of the thread and feeling great going into the season on top of all the things we mentioned...

I could see him breaking the 55 TD record if him and the OL stay relatively healthy. Like Fred keeps on saying, he may not 
have this good of WR's ever again and the running game will help him out.

On the last point, I agree but it is just the way Burrow plays, he will run it if there is nobody open or a play breaks down.

It goes Manning, Brady (I don't know how Manning beat him on the year they went undefeated when he just threw bombs to Moss) and Mohomes tied for second, Manning again at fourth, and then Marino and Rodgers tied for fifth and sixth.

I didn't even think that Burrow probably wouldn't play in the 17th game if we have everything locked up. I think he should have a very good chance at breaking the record if he can stay healthy. 

Good point about not having receivers as good as Higgins and Boyd, but I think (1) he won't need receivers AS good as them since Chase draws so much coverage and Burrow is so good, and (2) good vets might want to come here to catch passes from Burrow/chase a ring.

As far as the last point, I agree and it won't be too bad if he slides or runs out-of-bounds, but, even though the NFL does its best to protect QBs, he could get blindsided or cheap shotted on a run.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow Feels The Best He Has Since Surgery! - BFritz21 - 06-21-2022, 07:58 PM