Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon Quote: He's Feeling Confident!
(06-29-2022, 03:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice. I figured Mixon would be feeling great about all the moves we made, namely the OL as the guys we brought in
should specifically help him the most. What Ted, Alex and La'el do the best is run block. This is their strength. My big
prediction this year is we have the #1 running game in the NFL cause it will work with these guys.

No need to throw too much if the running game is always working.

Hell of a post.

It's unreal that he had was a top five RB with that line, especially because it's not like they were good at pass blocking either, which means teams could load the box.

I might add a bet with him finishing as the top rusher (or top 3) because I think he gets that easily.

Teams having to respect the o-line giving Burrow time to let Chase, Higgins, and Boyd get into their routes means that the defense can't load the box or they just give Mixon 5 to 7 yards a pop.

He'll also get a lot of yards when we're up by 3 TDs and just running the ball to kill the clock. I realize that we won't be like Runkowski in '09 where he'd go dive, off-tackle, pass, punt, but we'll be able to run the ball more, especially with the defense tired out from us running up and down the field on them.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon Quote: He's Feeling Confident! - BFritz21 - 06-29-2022, 03:47 PM